Guidance for Parents on the taking of Photos or Filming
Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery recognises that parents who attend school events, such as plays or sports days, like to capture special moments in photos or on video. Parents are permitted to take photographs and/or make videos at Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery events where they have been invited to attend by the school.
However, parents must adhere to the following guidance at all times when using photographic / videoing equipment at Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery events:
• Photographs and video captured at school events by parents are for personal use only
• Photographs and video taken at school events, which include children other than your own or adults, must not be posted online through any social media network such as Facebook, Youtube or Instagram or any other website without their prior consent. Whilst Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery recognises that the internet is an easy way to share treasured moments with family and friends we must ensure that we protect and safeguard all children and staff, many of whom do not want their photograph shared online. For others, doing so may compromise their safety.
• Parents must not sell or distribute by any other means photograph or video taken at Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery events.
• Members of staff at Wallace Fields Infant School & Nursery reserve the right to challenge any person using photographic / video equipment at a school event who they do not recognise or where they do not know that person’s connection to the children. The member of staff also reserves the right to ask the person to stop taking photographs/video if this cannot be established and to ask them to leave if they do not comply with this request. They may also be asked to delete any images captured.
• Parents may only take photographs / video in the designated areas as set out by the school.
• Parents must not take photographs in sensitive areas such as toilets or changing rooms at any time.
• Parents are required to follow additional guidance in event specific programmes and must adhere to any announcements made by the school as to when photography and videoing are not permitted.