Wallace Fields Infant School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The health, safety and well-being of every child are our paramount concern. We listen to our pupils and take seriously what they tell us.
We recognise that for children, high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and clear lines of communication with a trusted adult, helps prevent the chances of them being abused.
Our school aims to:
- Practice safe recruitment by checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases/suspected cases of abuse
- Support pupils who have been abused in accordance with the agreed child protection plan
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
- Maintain an ethos where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty
- Include PSCHE activities and opportunities to equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse
On rare occasions, our concern about a child may mean that we have to consult other agencies even before we contact you. The procedures which we follow have been laid down by Surrey’s Safeguarding Children’s Board and the school have adopted a Safeguarding Policy in line with this, for the safety of all.
If you have any concerns or would like to know more please contact Miss Roisin Sharp on 0208 394 0647 who is our Dedicated Safeguarding Lead.
For our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Offer please see below.
Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Safeguarding Policy - Children's Version
To view more information on how safeguarding is taught over the curriculum please see the curriculum maps below.
Safeguarding in EYFS
Safeguarding in KS1
For links to our Antibullying Policy and Antibullying Leaflet please click here.
For the link to our E-Safety website page please click here.